Kirsten Elwin’s ‘Big Brother 25’ exit interview: “I’m really surprised’ and feel betrayed by Cirie”

Kirsten Elwin became the first houseguest evicted from Big Brother season 25 on Thursday night’s episode. The 25-year old molecular biologist from Houston was evicted on Day 9 by a unanimous vote of 13-0 over Felicia Cannon. Unlike previous seasons, Kirsten was not put on the block by the reigning Head of Household. Instead, she was one of four players who lost a competition on Day 1, which placed her on the block alongside the three other comp losers: Felicia, Cory Wurtenberger and Jared Fields. When Reilly Smedley won the HOH competition she was allowed to take two off the block, but she chose save Cory and Jared.

“I’m really surprised,” Kirsten admitted to host Julie Chen Moonves during her exit interview. “I had pretty good relationships with a lot of people in the house. I tried to get a ‘yes’ or a definitive answer from people about two to three times before I made any decisions. I made sure I checked in with them and everyone pretty much said, ‘You’re good. We got you. You got my vote.’”

“People wanted it to be a unanimous vote no matter what, as there’s been so much tension in the house,” she explained. “People did want to know, ‘Hey, who do you have?’ And I just felt like it was a little bit peculiar to say, ‘Oh, this particular person’ and name all these people. I’ve seen that go wrong in previous seasons, where you list out your numbers – namely with Swaggy in Season 20. I didn’t feel comfortable naming names.”

Kirsten says she feels most betrayed by Cirie Fields. “She said that [our conversations] were private between us and then she took it to the HOH to prevent [Felicia] from getting evicted.” Despite her early eviction, Kirsten closed out her interview stating, “I had so much fun!”

Want more? Be sure to join us on our Facebook page @BigBrotherUScom, Facebook group @BigBrotherUS & Twitter:@BigBrotherUS to always stay connected and never miss another Big Brother update. We’ll keep you updated for the whole 100-DAY season!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here